Roasted Asparagus on Parmesan Polenta
Photo: Oxmoor House
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup vegetables and 2/3 cup polenta)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 321
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 42.3g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 557mg
- Calcium: 252mg
- 2 pounds asparagus spears
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 (8-ounce) package whole mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus; cut spears into thirds.
- Combine asparagus, onion, and mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss gently. Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until roasted.
- Combine 3 cups water and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir cornmeal into remaining cup of water. Add cornmeal mixture to boiling water, stirring constantly. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle vegetable mixture with chives and lemon juice; toss gently. Serve over polenta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note