- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large purple onions (about 1 1/2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles (cooked without salt or fat)
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- calories 345
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 10.3 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 18.9 g
- carbohydrate 45.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 407 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine water and milk powder, stirring until powder dissolves. Set milk aside.
Melt margarine in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat; add flour and pepper. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly, 12 additional minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add salt and cloves; stir well. Set aside.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add 1 teaspoon oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; saute until tender. Set aside.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from asparagus spears with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired. Place asparagus and mushrooms in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, tossing well. Bake asparagus mixture at 500° for 8 minutes. Cool. Slice asparagus, diagonally, into thin slices. Add asparagus and mushrooms to onion mixture. Setmixture aside.
Coat a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place 4 lasagna noodles in bottom of dish. Top with one-third of onion mixture, one-third of white sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Repeat layers twice with remaining noodles, onion mixture, white sauce, and cheeses.