- 1 pound green asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices Italian bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
- calories 261
- fat 15.3 g
- satfat 2.8 g
- monofat 9.5 g
- polyfat 2.3 g
- protein 11.9 g
- carbohydrate 19.8 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 180 mg
- iron 4.7 mg
- sodium 327 mg
- calcium 133 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place asparagus on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss gently to coat; arrange in a single layer. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Place remaining 7 teaspoons oil, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, shallots, juice, and tarragon in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Place about 1 1/2 cups arugula mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with one-fourth of the asparagus.
Add water to a large skillet, filling two-thirds full; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer. Add vinegar. Break each egg into a custard cup, and pour each gently into pan; cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Carefully remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon; place 1 poached egg on each salad. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange 2 bread halves on each serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.