Roasted Asparagus-and-Hazelnut Couscous
This makes a beautiful presentation alongside roast chicken or pork.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free roasted garlic-seasoned chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in a 13- x 9-inch roasting pan. Drizzle with oil, tossing to coat.
- Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or just until asparagus is tender. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring broth and Italian seasoning to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus and hazelnuts to couscous, and toss. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Swanson Seasoned Chicken Broth with Roasted Garlic.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This