Roasted Asparagus-and-Hazelnut Couscous
This makes a beautiful presentation alongside roast chicken or pork.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free roasted garlic-seasoned chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts or pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in a 13- x 9-inch roasting pan. Drizzle with oil, tossing to coat.
- Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or just until asparagus is tender. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Bring broth and Italian seasoning to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in couscous; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add asparagus and hazelnuts to couscous, and toss. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Swanson Seasoned Chicken Broth with Roasted Garlic.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables