- 1 pound thin asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, optional
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons coarsely shaved Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Crusty whole-grain bread, optional
- calories 153
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 6 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 188 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 113 mg
- calcium 86 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Toss asparagus and tomatoes with oil in a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold vegetables in a single layer. Roast, shaking pan halfway through, until asparagus is just tender and tomatoes have wilted, about 12 minutes. Immediately drizzle with vinegar, if desired.
Crack eggs over asparagus mixture. Return to oven and roast until egg whites are just set, about 7 minutes. Top with cheese, sprinkle with chives and serve. Offer crusty bread on the side, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.