Roasted Artichokes with Lemon and Garlic
For a simple and elegant side dish, try this satisfying recipe from My Recession Kitchen. Fresh artichokes are trimmed and bathed in olive oil, then roasted with slices of lemon and garlic for a zesty citrus flavor that is complemented by a final sprinkle of salt and oregano.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 small artichokes (3"-4" wide)
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 clove(s) garlic
- Dried oregano
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cut off the very tip of the artichokes and cut them in half.
- Pour the olive oil in a baking dish big enough to hold the 6 halves.
- Roll the artichokes in the oil to coat them.
- Slice the very ends off the lemon and cut it into 6 slices.
- Put the lemon slices in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Peel and cut the garlic cloves in half.
- Put one piece on each lemon slice.
- Put the artichokes on the lemon, cut side down.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- When they're done, turn them lemon side up and sprinkle with salt and oregano.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note