Roasted Apples with Buttermilk Custard Sauce
- 4 Braeburn apples, peeled if desired, cored, and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Buttermilk Custard Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Toss apples with lemon juice to coat evenly in a small bowl.
- 3. Spread melted butter in an even layer in the bottom of a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan or large ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar. Transfer apples to jellyroll pan, cut side down, reserving any lemon juice remaining in bowl.
- 4. Combine apple cider and vanilla with lemon juice left in the bowl; pour over the apples and into the pan. Sprinkle apples with remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Roast at 400° for 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and juice mixture begins to caramelize, basting every 15 minutes. Serve warm in a pool of Buttermilk Custard Sauce and with the pan liquid spooned over the top.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts