Substituted "honey" for molasses & used "granny smith" apples; otherwise kept recipe intact with all other listed ingredients. Total hit with party and many walked with "my" recipe. Kudos to Oxmoor House!
Roasted Apples and Sweet Potatoes in Honey-Bourbon Glaze
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 45 Minutes
- 5 large sweet potatoes (about 5 lb.)
- 3 Golden Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Wash sweet potatoes, and place on a baking sheet; prick with a fork. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until almost tender. Remove from oven. Let stand 45 minutes or until cooled.
- Meanwhile, peel and core apples. Slice apples into 1/3" thick wedges; toss with lemon juice in a bowl.
- Peel cooled potatoes, and slice 1/3" thick. Arrange potatoes and apples alternately in a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Pour remaining lemon juice over potatoes and apples.
- Combine brown sugar and next 6 ingredients in a saucepan, stirring well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; boil 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour glaze over potatoes and apples. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; baste with glaze in bottom of dish, and sprinkle nuts across top. Bake 14 to 15 more minutes or until apples look roasted. Baste with glaze just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Apples and Sweet Potatoes in Honey-Bourbon Glaze Recipe at a Glance