So good. the apples cooked quicker than the potatoes (may have to do with the size that I cut them), but for me this was good, because after it was done, I put in a dish and stirred just a bit and it made like a chuncky apple sauce coating on the potatoes.
Roasted Apples and Sweet Potatoes
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium-size sweet potatoes), peeled
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cut peeled sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cut peeled apples into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 2. Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, and grated orange rind in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag until blended. Add cubed sweet potatoes and sliced apples. Seal bag, and toss to coat.
- 3. Place potato mixture in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes and apples are tender and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables