So good. the apples cooked quicker than the potatoes (may have to do with the size that I cut them), but for me this was good, because after it was done, I put in a dish and stirred just a bit and it made like a chuncky apple sauce coating on the potatoes.
Roasted Apples and Sweet Potatoes
This oven-roasted side is flavored with a hint of orange. If you'd like your apples crisp rather than tender, you can bake them for a little less time.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium-size sweet potatoes), peeled
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cut peeled sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cut peeled apples into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 2. Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, and grated orange rind in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag until blended. Add cubed sweet potatoes and sliced apples. Seal bag, and toss to coat.
- 3. Place potato mixture in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes and apples are tender and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note