- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium-size sweet potatoes), peeled
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
How to Make It
Cut peeled sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes. Cut peeled apples into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, and grated orange rind in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag until blended. Add cubed sweet potatoes and sliced apples. Seal bag, and toss to coat.
Place potato mixture in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes and apples are tender and lightly browned.