Roasted Acorn Squash with Chile-Lime Vinaigrette
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 Acorn squash
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove Minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Honey
- 1 Hot red chili Minced
- 1 bunch(es) Cilantro Minced
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Halve each squash lengthwise, then cut off and discard stem ends. Scrape out the seeds and cut the squash lengthwise into 3/4-inch-wide wedges. Toss the squash with black pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons (30ml) oil in a bowl, then arrange, cut sides down, on the baking sheets. Roast the squash, switching the position of pans halfway through roasting, until squash is tender and undersides of wedges are golden brown, 30-40 minutes.
- While the squash roasts, mash the garlic finely with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a mortar. Transfer the paste to a small bowl and whisk in lime juice, honey, chile (to taste), cilantro, and remaining oil until combined. Taste for seasoning and add more salt or lime juice as needed. Transfer squash, browned sides up, to a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jillbrown and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note