Roast With Onion-and-Mushroom Gravy
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle roast evenly with pepper; place in a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add mushroom soup and next 3 ingredients.
- Cover cooker with lid, and seal securely; place pressure control over vent and tube. Cook over medium-high heat 20 minutes or until pressure control rocks quickly back and forth. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 20 more minutes.
- Remove from heat; run cold water over cooker to reduce pressure. Carefully remove lid so that steam escapes away from you.
- Remove roast, and keep warm. Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water; add to liquid in pressure cooker. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Serve gravy with roast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes