Time: 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Sunset NOVEMBER 2009
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, coat turkey with oil, 2 tsp. of each herb, 2 tsp. salt, and pepper; turn to coat. Pour 1 cup wine into a roasting pan. Add legs and wings. Roast 15 minutes, skin side down.
2. Turn legs and wings over; add thighs and breast to pan, skin side up. Pour in remaining wine. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast and thighs reads 160° and juices run clear.
3. Transfer meat to a cutting board; tent with foil (any slight pinkness will fade as meat sits). Strain pan juices into a saucepan.
4. Add marsala, jelly, and remaining herbs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes; season with salt. Spoon off fat. Pour juices into individual pitchers for serving if you like.
5. Carve thighs and breast meat into chunks or slices and arrange on a platter with legs and wings. Garnish with olive sprigs if you like.
*Ask your butcher to cut turkey into 7 pieces (leave breast whole) and bone out thighs and breast.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Go to full version of