Roast Strip Loin of Beef with Roast Vegetables
This strip loain roast recipe is simple, yet oh so elegant. Glazed, roasted carrots, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion surround the rosemary-and-garlic-seasoned roast.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3 ounces beef and 1 cup vegetables)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32.1g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 76mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 614mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 2 cups (1-inch-thick) sliced carrot
- 3 cups peeled sweet potato, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 pound)
- 2 cups trimmed Brussels sprouts, halved (12 ounces)
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3-pound) boned beef strip loin roast
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground or country-style Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare vegetables, place carrot in a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave at high 2 minutes. Combine carrot and next 6 ingredients (carrot through 1/8 teaspoon black pepper); toss well to coat. Set aside.
- To prepare roast, combine the rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, coarsely ground black pepper, and garlic. Trim fat from roast, and rub top of roast with rosemary mixture. Place roast on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast. Arrange the vegetables around roast. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until the meat thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) to 160° (medium). Place roast on a platter; cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- To prepare glaze, combine mustard and honey. Drizzle over vegetables, and toss gently. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes