Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style
Community Recipe from
- Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style
- recipe image
- Rated: rating
- Submitted By: Sue Rogers
- Photo By: chibi chef
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Hours
- Ready In: 9 Hours 10 Minutes
- Servings: 8
- "Ever wish you could get that restaurant-style rotisserie chicken at home? Well, with minimal preparation and about 5 hours' cooking time, you can!"
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 (4 pound) whole chickens
- 1. In a small bowl, mix together salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Remove and discard giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken cavity, and pat dry with paper towel. Rub each chicken inside and out with spice mixture. Place 1 onion into the cavity of each chicken. Place chickens in a resealable bag or double wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 to 6 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- 3. Place chickens in a roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 5 hours, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Let the chickens stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2013 Allrecipes.com Printed
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roast Sticky Chicken-Rotisserie Style Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes