Roast Sausage Ring
Notes: If you can't get a single piece of sausage or connected links, cook cut-link sausages in pan without skewering together.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 0.4g
- Sodium: 557mg
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- 2 pounds mild pork sausages, such as French-style with white wine and thyme in a single long piece, or connected links of mild Italian or regular pork sausages
- 1. Purchase about 2 pounds mild pork sausages, such as French-style with white wine and thyme in a single long piece, or connected links of mild Italian or regular pork sausages.
- 2. Lay sausages flat and coil to form a round disk. Slide a metal skewer horizontally through middle section of sausages, then push another skewer through meat perpendicular to the first, forming an X. Place sausages in a close-fitting rimmed pan about 10 by 15 inches.
- 3. Bake in a 325° oven until well browned, about 55 minutes. Holding the skewers, lift sausages from pan, put on a platter, and pull out skewers. Cut sausages to serve.
- 4. Discard fat from pan, and if desired, add 1/2 cup water to pan and scrape drippings free; save to add to other recipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes