This was actually a really wonderful, flavorful recipe. I doubled the amount of couscous, but otherwise I did not find it difficult to make the dish, nor did I find it required much effort. My boyfriend, who usually does all the cooking, loved it and said it was one of his new favorite ways to try salmon and I really loved the pepper with the couscous. This is one I will save and make again!
Roast Salmon with Coriander Couscous
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 609
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 43g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 471mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- 1 1/2 pounds boned salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves (about 9 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- Orange wedges (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Rinse fish and pat dry; cut into 4 equal pieces. Rub fish all over with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set pieces, skin down and slightly apart, in a 10- by 15-inch baking pan.
- 2. Bake in a 300° regular or convection oven until fish is barely opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 14 to 16 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a 1 1/2- to 2-quart nonstick pan over medium-high heat, stir onion and red pepper in remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil until onion is limp, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth, couscous, and coriander seed; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover pan and remove from heat; let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- 4. In a large bowl, mix orange juice, vinegar, and ground coriander. Gently stir 1/2 cup of the juice mixture into cooked couscous. Add spinach to bowl and mix to coat.
- 5. With tongs or a slotted spoon, lift spinach from bowl and divide equally among 4 dinner plates. Mound couscous on spinach. Slide a wide spatula between fish and skin and lift fillet pieces off skin; set 1 on each mound of couscous. Drizzle remaining juice mixture in bowl over fish. Serve with orange wedges to squeeze over salmon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This