Roast Prime Rib of Beef with Horseradish Crust-Food Network
From Food Network
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 1 bone in prme rib beef roast, 3 ribs, about 6 lbs
- 2 cup(s) canned chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh rosemary springs-leaves from
- 4 fresh thyme springs-leaves from
- 1/4 cup(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 5 clove(s) garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) grated fresh or prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup(s) kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the beef in a large roasting pan with the bone side down. (The ribs act as a natural roasting rack.) In a small bowl mash together the garlic, horseradish, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil to make a paste. Massage the paste generously over the entire roast. Put the pan in the oven and roast the beef until the internal temperature of the meat registers 125 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer (medium-rare), 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove the beef to a carving board and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Pour off some of the pan drippings and place pan on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Add the white wine and bring to a simmer, scraping the bits on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the wine by half. Whisk in the flour, then add the broth and continue to cook, whisking until sauce thickens into a gravy, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with Scalloped Potato Gratin and Roasted Red Onions.
- Scalloped Potato Gratin
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for broiling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream with a sprig of thyme, chopped garlic and nutmeg.
- While cream is heating up, butter a casserole dish. Place a layer of potato in an overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper. Remove cream from heat, then pour a little over the potatoes. Top with some grated Parmesan. Make 2 more layers. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Sprinkle some more Parmesan and broil until cheese browns, about 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kimberly007 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note