The glaze is delicious. Did not put it in the pan to get meat juices so can use it on other items. Would be great on chicken as well.
Roast Pork Tenderloin with Pepper Jelly Glaze
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot)
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 whole pork tenderloins, trimmed of all silver skin (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 medium carrot, very finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup each very finely diced red, yellow, and green bell peppers (3/4 cup total)
- 1/2 large yellow onion, very finely diced (about 1 cup)
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 cup Pepper Jelly
- 1 1/4 cups pork or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold stock or water
- 3 tablespoons Cajun meat seasoning blend (for testing purposes, we used Chef Paul's Meat Magic Seasoning)
- 1. Whisk together 1/2 teaspoon salt, wine, and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Slowly add 1 cup olive oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Add pork, cover, and chill at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add carrot, bell peppers, and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add cumin and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute. Add Pepper Jelly, stock, and rice vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Raise heat to high, return mixture to a boil, and add dissolved cornstarch, whisking until well blended. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350º. Heat remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a roasting pan on stovetop over high heat. Remove pork from marinade and season with Cajun meat seasoning. Sear pork in pan 3 minutes on each side, and place in oven. Bake until internal temperature reaches 150º, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from pan, and set aside 5 minutes before slicing.
- 5. Drain any excess oil from pan. Add reserved Pepper Jelly mixture to pan over high heat, stirring to loosen particles from bottom. Bring to a boil, and remove from heat.
- 6. Slice pork, and arrange on serving plates. Top each serving with 1/4 cup glaze from pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note