Roast Pork And Sweet Potatoes
- 1 (5- to 5 1/2-pound) pork loin end roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed
- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes
- Butter or margarine
- Rub roast with salt and pepper; dust with crushed gingersnaps. Place roast, fat side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, being careful not to touch bone or fat.
- Bake roast at 350° for 1 hour. Place sweet potatoes around roast; continue baking an additional 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170°.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Split sweet potatoes, and serve with butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note