Roast Pork And Sweet Potatoes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (5- to 5 1/2-pound) pork loin end roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed
- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes
- Butter or margarine
- Rub roast with salt and pepper; dust with crushed gingersnaps. Place roast, fat side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, being careful not to touch bone or fat.
- Bake roast at 350° for 1 hour. Place sweet potatoes around roast; continue baking an additional 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170°.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Split sweet potatoes, and serve with butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes