Great recipe! We toasted our buns (which were small than in the recipe) under the broiler and added jut a little bit of provolone cheese. Reading the reviews, I will put the port back in au just to soak in the flavor while preparing the rest of the dinner and rolls. Served with a salad. We will most definitely make this again and again!!
Roast Pork Sandwiches au Jus with Rosemary
"My husband and I have always liked this roast pork tenderloin, but it seemed a shame to throw out the browned bits and juices. So we made a flavorful jus out of them. It's really simple and so good." -Sherri O'Hare, Ajo, AZ
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 270
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 28.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 669mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 (14-ounce) can less-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 (2-ounce) French bread rolls
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; add 1 teaspoon oil. Rub over pork. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink). Let stand 5 minutes. Remove pork from pan; cut diagonally across grain into 12 slices.
- Return pan to medium-high heat, and add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add sherry and tomato paste; stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally. Place 2 slices pork on bottom half of each roll; top with lettuce leaf, if desired. Cover with roll tops. Serve with jus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes