- 2 (4-pound) center-cut boneless pork loins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (12-ounce) package medium-size pitted prunes
- 2 (6-ounce) packages dried apricots
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Madeira wine
How to Make It
Rub pork loins evenly with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
Brown pork loins on all sides, 1 at a time, in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place in a large lightly greased roasting pan. Arrange sweet potatoes and prunes around pork.
Combine apricots, broth, and wine in a large saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes. Pour mixture over pork, sweet potatoes, and prunes.
Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 160°, basting every 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.