Roast Leg Of Lamb With Potatoes
- 1 (5- to 7-pound) leg of lamb
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried whole oregano
- 3 cups water, divided
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Remove the fell (tissue-like covering) from lamb with a sharp knife. Make several small slits on outside of lamb, and stuff with garlic slices. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Place lamb, fat side up, in a large roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, being careful not to touch bone or fat. Add 1 cup water to roasting pan; bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until top of lamb is brown. Add 1 cup water to roasting pan; bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 cup water to roasting pan; arrange potatoes around lamb. Baste potatoes with pan drippings, and sprinkle lamb with lemon juice. Bake 2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 175°. Remove lamb and potatoes to a serving platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This