Roast Leg of Lamb with Herbs
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 279
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 0.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- 1 leg of lamb (5 to 6 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed or crumbled dried bay leaves
- About 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Rinse lamb and pat dry; trim off and discard excess surface fat.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix wine, parsley, mint, olive oil, garlic, paprika, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Rub all over lamb.
- 3. Set lamb on a rack in an 11- by 17-inch pan. Roast in a 375° regular or convection oven until a thermometer inserted through thickest part of meat to the bone registers 140° for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours, or 150° for medium, about 1 3/4 hours. If drippings begin to burn, pour water into pan, 1/4 cup at a time, as needed.
- 4. Transfer lamb to a rimmed board or platter and, keeping it warm, let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Slice meat from the bone to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This