- 1 leg of lamb (5 to 6 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed or crumbled dried bay leaves
- About 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- calories 279
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- protein 39 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 0.9 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 94 mg
- cholesterol 121 mg
How to Make It
Rinse lamb and pat dry; trim off and discard excess surface fat.
In a small bowl, mix wine, parsley, mint, olive oil, garlic, paprika, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Rub all over lamb.
Set lamb on a rack in an 11- by 17-inch pan. Roast in a 375° regular or convection oven until a thermometer inserted through thickest part of meat to the bone registers 140° for medium-rare, about 1 1/2 hours, or 150° for medium, about 1 3/4 hours. If drippings begin to burn, pour water into pan, 1/4 cup at a time, as needed.
Transfer lamb to a rimmed board or platter and, keeping it warm, let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Slice meat from the bone to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.