Roast Leg of Lamb
- 1 (5- to 6-pound) leg of lamb
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Cut 1-inch-deep slits, 2 to 3 inches apart, into lamb. Insert a garlic slice into each slit. Stir together cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper; stuff 2 tablespoons mixture evenly into slits. Coat lamb with vegetable cooking spray.
- Press remaining cheese mixture onto lamb. Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until thermometer registers 150° (medium-rare).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note