Roast Ducklings With Cornbread Stuffing
- 3 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) dressed ducklings
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup orange juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients for stuffing. Stir well, and set aside.
- Remove giblets and neck from ducklings; reserve for other uses. Rinse ducklings thoroughly with cold water; pat dry. Prick fatty areas of ducklings with a fork at intervals. (Do not prick breast.) Stuff dressing into cavity of ducklings. Close cavity with skewers; truss. Lift wingtips up and over back, tucking under bird securely. Fold neck skin under, and place ducklings, breast side up, in a roasting pan. Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
- Combine flour and orange juice; mix well. Bake ducklings at 350° for 2 hours and 15 minutes, basting frequently with orange juice mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note