Roast Dijon Chicken and Vegetables
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 35 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 breast and 1 cup potato mixture)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 462mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 4 chicken-breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato or Red Bliss potato
- 2 cups baby carrots (about 7 ounces)
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Combine mustard and 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken; spread mustard mixture evenly over skin side of each breast.
- 3. Combine potato, carrot, onion, oil, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes. Stir potato mixture; place chicken, skin side up, over potato mixture. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes