Roast Dijon Chicken and Vegetables
Cover chicken with a Dijon rub before roasting with vegetables for the best flavor.
More From Health
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 462mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 4 chicken-breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato or Red Bliss potato
- 2 cups baby carrots (about 7 ounces)
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Combine mustard and 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken; spread mustard mixture evenly over skin side of each breast.
- 3. Combine potato, carrot, onion, oil, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes. Stir potato mixture; place chicken, skin side up, over potato mixture. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note