Roast Cornish Hens With Herb Gravy
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (1- to 1 1/2-pound) Cornish hens
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Remove giblets from hens; reserve for other uses. Rinse hens with cold water, and pat dry; truss. Place hens, breast side up, in a shallow baking pan; brush with melted butter. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350°. Cover, and bake an additional 35 minutes or until tender. Transfer hens to a serving platter, and keep warm. Reserve 1/4 cup pan drippings.
- Combine drippings and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Serve gravy with Cornish hens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes