- 3 pounds Yukon gold or new potatoes, halved (if small) or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (peel first, if desired)
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 6-ounce cod fillets, skin removed
- Zest of 1⁄2 lemon, peeled into thin strips (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
- calories 803
- caloriesfromfat 63 %
- fat 56 g
- satfat 14 g
- protein 54 g
- cholesterol 207 mg
- sodium 943 mg
- fiber 3 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
How to Make It
Heat oven to 450° F.
Place the potatoes in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Stir and roast for 10 minutes more.
Meanwhile, rinse the cod fillets and pat them dry with paper towels.
After the 30 minutes of roasting, move the potatoes to the sides of the pan and place the fillets in the center. Drizzle with the remaining oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Redistribute the potatoes around the fillets. Roast until the fillets are the same color throughout and flake easily, about 10 minutes. Top with the lemon zest and chives (if using).
Tip: Serve this roasted version of fish and chips with ketchup for the kids and malt vinegar for the adults.