Roast Chicken with Yogurt-Chili Rub
This delicious roast chicken recipe needs to be at the top of your meal planner. The yogurt chili rub gives it a unique blend of mouth-watering flavor.
More From Health
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 241mg
- Calcium: 61mg
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 4 chicken thighs and 4 legs, skinless (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 4 fresh jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F, with a rack centered. Coat a medium roasting pan with the cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, oregano, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer chicken to the prepared pan. Roast 20-25 minutes. Rotate pan and shift chicken pieces. Scatter on halved chilies. Continue cooking until chicken is dark-golden and shiny (20-30 minutes).
- 3. Transfer chicken and chilies to serving platter. Place roasting pan over high heat. Add coffee and 1/2 cup water. Stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up the flavorful crispy bits. Let the liquid boil and reduce for about 5 minutes. Serve this spicy gravy with the chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note