Our family favorite! This is requested 2-3 times a week by my 12 y/o not great eater.
Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers
This roast chicken with balsamic bell peppers dish adds Italian flair to your dinner table in just 40 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 40.9g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 599mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 5/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano. Brush chicken with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle spice rub over chicken. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over; cook 1 minute. Arrange chicken in an 11 x 7–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until done.
- 3. Heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, shallots, and rosemary; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve bell pepper mixture over chicken.
This recipe originally ran in Cooking Light January, 2012 and was updated for the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note