- 1 small chicken (3 lbs.)*
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cups lightly packed baby arugula
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 oz.)
- calories 647
- caloriesfromfat 63 %
- protein 48 g
- fat 45 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- sodium 1020 mg
- cholesterol 159 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°. Using kitchen shears, cut out backbone and neck from chicken and press firmly on chicken to flatten. Set chicken, skin side up, on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with 1 tbsp. oil; sprinkle with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Bake until no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
Whisk together 1/4 cup oil, the lemon zest and juice, garlic, sugar, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper in a bowl.
Gently toss remaining ingredients in another bowl to combine.
Quarter chicken. Put salad on plates, top with chicken, and then dressing.
*If your grocery store doesn't sell small chickens, use a larger one and bake longer. Also, you can ask a butcher to remove the backbone and neck, or buy a quartered chicken.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.