This was an excellent, easy summer salad. I used organic nectarines, and greens from the farmer's market, but other than that, and cutting the recipe in half for just my husband and me, I changed nothing. We loved the flavor combo of the red onions, fruit, pecans, goat cheese and the dressing, and all the textures were wonderful. On the side, I cut some crusty La Brea Bakery whole grain bread, brushed each slice lightly with a friend's homemade garlic olive oil, placed fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs in between each slice, wrapped it all in foil and heated it in the oven. The bread was a perfect accompaniment. Served it with a very dry California rose' wine.
Roast Chicken Salad with Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Pecans
Fresh peaches and goat cheese headline this simple no-cook salad recipe. The 8-ingredient vinaigrette, made with pantry staples, takes minutes to make and is a delicious complement to the other ingredients in the salad. Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time in the kitchen. Serve with herbed bread.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 24.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (5-ounce) package gourmet salad greens
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients; stir with a whisk.
- 2. Combine chicken and remaining ingredients except cheese in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Herbed bread: Unroll the dough from a (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust. Fold dough in half; pat into a 9-inch square. Let rest 15 minutes. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Bake at 350° for 11 minutes or until golden.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note