Roast Chicken Salad with Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Pecans
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (5-ounce) package gourmet salad greens
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- calories 285
- fat 14 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 7.8 g
- polyfat 2.8 g
- protein 24.6 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 61 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 203 mg
- calcium 54 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients; stir with a whisk.
Combine chicken and remaining ingredients except cheese in a large bowl. Add vinegar mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
Herbed bread: Unroll the dough from a (8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust. Fold dough in half; pat into a 9-inch square. Let rest 15 minutes. Brush dough with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Bake at 350° for 11 minutes or until golden.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.