This is a really simple yet tasty recipe that's hard to screw up. I used a roast chicken I picked up from Kroger, which made it even faster.
Roast Chicken and Rice Soup
Rice and chicken is a classic duo that we've combined with carrots and dill to create this satisfying Roast Chicken and Rice Soup.
More From Health
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 274mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 5 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups coarsely chopped white meat and 1/2 cup sauce from Roast Chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped dill leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 lemon, in wedges
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring the broth and carrots to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer until the carrots are tender and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- 2. Stir in the salt, pepper, chicken with its sauce, dill, and rice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- 3. Squeeze in lemon juice to taste and serve hot.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note