Roast Chicken Pitas with Cumin-Lemon Dressing
This is best made when the rotisserie chicken is still warm. If your pitas are a bit stale and don't roll up well, cut them into half circles, and stuff the pita pockets with the chicken mixture.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 333
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 671mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 3 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken (about 1 [2-pound] chicken)
- 1 cup cubed seeded peeled cucumber (about 1 cucumber)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 (6-inch) pitas
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and garlic; cook 1 minute or until toasted, stirring frequently. Pour cumin mixture over chicken mixture; toss well to combine.
- Wrap pitas in foil; bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until heated. Spoon 2/3 cup chicken mixture on each pita; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This