Roast Chicken and Kiwi with Raspberry Glaze
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 broiler-fryer chickens, halved
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, melted
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken,
- skin side up, in a single layer in a large shallow baking pan. Brush
- some butter over the chicken then bake in a 400 F oven, basting
- frequently with butter, for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is
- fork tender.
- Drain off the fat.
- Spoon glaze over the chicken. Repeat glazing procedure using
- sauce that gathers in the pan. Top with kiwi slices, using 1 kiwi per
- half chicken. Return to oven and bake about 3 minutes or until fruit
- and chicken are well glazed.
- Raspberry Glaze: In saucepan, make glaze my mixing together 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves, 1/2 cup white port wine and grated peel of 1 lemon. cook about 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- Cook: Stephen Abel, Delaware
- Source: “Chicken Cookery” - 1994 Delmarva Chicken Cooking Contest
- : Delmarva Poultry Industries, Inc.
- : Georgetown, Delaware, 19947-9622
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lilwomen6 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roast Chicken and Kiwi with Raspberry Glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes