Roast Chicken and Apricot Stuffing
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) Extra virgin olive oil + 2 Tbs.
- 6 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh marjoram chopped
- 1 lemon half zested, both halves juiced
- 1 1.2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 1, 6-7 pound(s) chicken
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) dried apricots chopped
- 5 cup(s) day old french bread cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1. Put 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, 1 Tbs. marjoram, lemon zest and juice, paprika, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper into a food processor and pulse to make a paste. Loosen the chicken skin with your fingers an rub the paste under and over the skin and inside the cavity. Put the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate, uncovered at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2. Make the stuffing: Heat the remaining 2 Tbs. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion, celery dried apricots and cook, stirring, until the vegetables begin to soften... about 5 minutes. Add the bread and parsley and cook, stirring, until combined, about 2 minutes. add the broth, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 425º. Fill the chicken cavity with the stuffing, tie the legs together with twine and put breast-side up on a rack in a roasting pan; tuck the wings under. Roast until the skin begins to brown, about 30 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350º and continue roasting until deep golden brown, about 1 more hour. (Cover loosely with foil if it's browning too quickly.)
- 4. Whisk the preserves and vinegar in a small bowl; brush on the chicken and continue roasting until the skin is crisp and thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165º, about 20 more minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before carving. Garnish with marjoram sprigs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Catersha and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes