Roast Beef With Yorkshire Pudding
- 1 (9- to 10-pound) standing rib roast
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Individual Yorkshire Puddings
- Score roast in a diamond pattern, making cuts about 1/4-inch deep in fat. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer in roast, if desired.
- Bake roast, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 300°, and continue baking until desired degree of doneness: about 2 1/2 hours or 140° (rare); about 3 1/2 hours or 160° (medium).
- Transfer roast to a warm platter, reserving 1/4 cup clear pan drippings for Individual Yorkshire Puddings. Let roast stand 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with Individual Yorkshire Puddings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes