Quick, Easy and Delicious! I made these quick and easy sandwiches over the weekend for lunch and what a winner! I halved the recipe for only 2 people and used leftover gourmet burger buns, but otherwise made no changes. The slaw is amazing on this sandwich - don't skip out on what makes it special! One item I did change was the butter - I decided I wanted toasted bread so I heated 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet and placed all bun halves in the pan for a few minutes to crisp up. Served the sandwiches with fresh green grapes. Yum! 100% a keeper & can't wait to make again!!!
Roast Beef Sandwiches with Watercress Slaw
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 1 cup packaged angel hair slaw
- 1 cup chopped trimmed watercress
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) French bread baguette
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces lower-sodium, thinly sliced deli roast beef (such as Boar's Head)
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients.
- 2. Cut baguette crosswise into 4 pieces. Cut each piece in half horizontally using a serrated knife. Spread 1 teaspoon butter on each bottom half of baguette. Divide roast beef evenly over bottom halves of baguette. Arrange about 1 cup slaw mixture and 2 tomato slices over each sandwich; top with top halves of baguette.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note