Roast Beef Rolls
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (8- x 4- x 1/8-inch) slices cooked roast beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices toasted bread
- Combine breadcrumbs, onion, seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and paprika; mix well. Spoon one-fourth mixture on each beef slice. Roll up jellyroll fashion; secure with wooden picks.
- Dredge beef rolls in flour; reserve 2 tablespoons flour for gravy. Brown beef rolls in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove beef rolls from skillet. Stir in reserved flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place beef rolls in skillet with gravy. Cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes. Serve beef rolls and gravy over toasted bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note