Super easy and outstanding favorite!
Roast Beef French Dip Sandwiches
For these roast beef French dip sandwiches, slow-cook rump roast and serve over toasted French bread and top with the juicy onion sauce.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 755
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 76g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 179mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- 1 beef rump roast (4 to 5 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can beef broth
- 1 packet dried onion soup mix
- 2 loaves French bread
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add seasoned rump roast and cook, turning, until browned on all sides, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Pour red wine into skillet and, using a wooden spoon, scrape bottom of pan to incorporate all browned bits of meat. Cook for 2 minutes to reduce liquid. Pour liquid over meat.
- Add onion, broth and onion soup mix to pot; stir to mix. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours. Remove roast and slice.
- Arrange meat on a platter and pour onion sauce over meat. Cut 4-inch lengths from bread, split lengthwise and toast for sandwiches. Have everyone layer meat on bread, pouring sauce on top to moisten.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note