My family liked this. I doubled the recipe and used 1/2 lb of marinated, grilled steak sliced thinly in place of deli roast beef. I also used slivered almonds instead of pine nuts. I'd make this again for a light dinner.
Roast Beef, Beet, and Arugula Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Sweet beets marry well with the peppery bite of arugula in this roast beef salad, while a citrusy vinaigrette provides a bright counterpoint to the richness of the meat, goat cheese, and pine nuts.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 13.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.4g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 3 small beets, trimmed
- 8 cups loosely packed arugula
- Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 (4-ounce) slice low-sodium deli roast beef (about 1/4 inch thick), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Place beets in a microwave-safe bowl; add enough water to come halfway up sides of bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until tender; drain and cool. Peel and slice into wedges.
- 2. While beets cook, combine arugula and Orange Vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Arrange arugula mixture evenly on each of 4 plates. Top evenly with beef, beets, cheese, and nuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note