- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 (1.5-oz.) onion rolls, split
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds thinly sliced Perfect Roasted Beef Tenderloin
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 300°F. Combine cheese and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk and hot sauce; cook, whisking constantly, over low until sauce is bubbly and well combined, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; keep warm.
Wrap rolls in aluminum foil; bake in preheated oven until thoroughly heated, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, horseradish, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Spread sour cream mixture on cut sides of bottom halves of rolls; top each with 4 ounces Beef, and drizzle each with 3 tablespoons Cheddar sauce. Cover with top halves of rolls; serve immediately with remaining Cheddar sauce, if desired.