I may not be an experienced cook, but I can taste the difference between a good and bad recipe. With this said, I am beyond grateful to have found this recipe. It's easy to prepare and my husband and I love it. A couple of notes: I didn't have Ro Tel tomatoes, so I used 1 cup of tomato sauce and a small can of green chilies instead. SO good! I think this recipe is bound to become a staple.
Ro-Tel Mexican Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(s) uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 can(s) ro-tel tomatoes, pulsed in food processor
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a medium pan or skillet. Add rice and sauté until the rice is browned.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and green chilies, chili powder, minced onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kermici and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ro-Tel Mexican Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables