Riz Isle Brevelle
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion juice
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- About 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan; add rice and salt. Boil 10 minutes; drain.
- Combine next 4 ingredients; stir into rice. Cook over low heat 10 minutes. Remove from heat; add butter and onion juice. Stir in 5 egg yolks and cheese, mixing well. Cook over low heat 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool. Shape into croquettes.
- Combine 2 egg yolks and milk, beating well. Dip croquettes into egg mixture; dredge in cracker crumbs, coating well.
- Chill croquettes 1 hour. Fry in 1 inch of hot oil (375°) until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables