Risotto with Tomatoes and Basil
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Arborio rice
- 0.33 cup(s) Basil, shredded
- 0.5 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 can(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion, medium diced
- 2-4 ounce(s) pancetta or turkey bacon, minced
- 0.5 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese, grated, plus extra for passing
- 1.5 pound(s) plum tomoatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Table Salt
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1. Heat oil in a heavy pot, 10 to 12 inches in diameter. Add onion and ham/bacon; saute, stirring occasionally, until onions soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, cover and cook over medium heat until tomatoes start to look like a thin sauce, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in rice and 1 teaspoon salt or to taste. Add 3 cups of the broth/water mixture and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until pan bottom is dry when rice is pulled back with spoon, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3. Add wine, stirring frequently until absorbed. Then add 1/2 cup of the broth/water mixture at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is absorbed; cook until rice is creamy but still somewhat firm in center (add more water in 1/2 cup increments if broth/water mixture runs out), 10 to 12 minutes longer.
- 4. Stir in cheese. Serve on a wide platter or individual plates, garnish with basil, and pass additional cheese separately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NCYankee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note