We really enjoyed this, but it definitely took more than 30 minutes to make -- but the end product was definitely worth it!
Risotto with Taleggio Cheese and Bacon
Taleggio, an Italian soft cheese, gives this risotto a distinctly rustic flavor that goes beautifully with the smokiness of the bacon.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 514
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 1066mg
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 4 slices (6 oz.) thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth, warmed
- 1/2 cup taleggio cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown. Add rice to pan and stir to coat in oil. Pour in wine and cook until evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Mix 2 cups hot water into broth and stir into rice in 1/2-cup increments (let each absorb before adding next). Stir, adding more hot water if needed, until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat and quickly stir in cheeses, salt, and pepper. Top with a sprinkle of chives.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note