Risotto with Sausage and Spinach
Yield: 6 Servings
Cost per Serving: $2.20
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 524
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- 6 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound turkey sausage with Italian seasonings, casings removed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 5-oz. package baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Bring broth and 2 cups water to simmer in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to low to keep warm.
- Warm olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring often and breaking up into small pieces, until it loses its pink color, about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and cook until alcohol evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Add about 2 cups warm broth mixture and simmer, stirring frequently, until rice absorbs liquid. Continue to add liquid, about 2 cups at a time, stirring occasionally, until rice is creamy and soft, about 20 minutes (you may not use all of the liquid). Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, stir in cheese and butter and season with salt. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note