Risotto with Sausage and Spinach
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 524
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 198mg
- 6 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound turkey sausage with Italian seasonings, casings removed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 5-oz. package baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Bring broth and 2 cups water to simmer in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to low to keep warm.
- Warm olive oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring often and breaking up into small pieces, until it loses its pink color, about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine and cook until alcohol evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Add about 2 cups warm broth mixture and simmer, stirring frequently, until rice absorbs liquid. Continue to add liquid, about 2 cups at a time, stirring occasionally, until rice is creamy and soft, about 20 minutes (you may not use all of the liquid). Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, stir in cheese and butter and season with salt. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables